Monday, January 23, 2006

Are they serious?

OK. I thought I was done with rants for a while, but this one really gets me going. I cannot believe that the Justice Department is continuing to defend their actions in spying on US Citizens on US Soil! Two reasons - 1. Americans are clearly unsettled by this and 2. Defending just keeps the news story alive. I mean really - have these people never seen an episode of The West Wing? Lloyd said something about it in his blog last week (and used a killer Ben Franklin quote to boot!), but I think it bears repeating. This White House time and time again has used National Security as a mantra to defend it's actions. At what point are the American people going to stand up and say ENOUGH! And the person who foisted this regime on us, none other than Karl Rove himself, said the 2006 mid-terms will be about security. Good grief.

In separate news, while I am slightly sad that The West Wing is being canceled after this season, I think it's time. I mean the show wouldn't be the same without, Josh, Donna, Will Bailey and CJ. It's run its course and now it's time to step aside. Now if only we could get the "franchise" shows off TV - I like Law and Order and CSI, I think there are far too many of them on TV. Just my 2 cent.

No comments: