Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's part of the drill

I go see my doctor every four months and I set the appointment when I have my last appointment. Well, I didn't write this one down and with the job change and all, so I was making appointments for yesterday - including the much delayed and requested appointment with a dermatologist. So needless to say, when the reminder call came in, I needed to scramble. Luckily, the dermatologist was in the same building as my regular doctor so I was able to do one after the other.

I do like my primary care doctor. Over the last few years, we've built up a relationship and he's pretty cool. I was expecting a lecture since I've gained some weight and haven't been real religious with my blood pressure or cholesterol meds. He just told me to get back on them and left it at that. I told him I'll eat better and exercise more, like I did when I lost all the weight, and he was OK with that. They took some blood to check liver and kidney function and off I went.

The dermatologist wasn't too bad. They were able to squeeze me in so I didn't have to reschedule (again), and got a couple of prescriptions to take care of some very mild skin issues I have.

Where I wasn't so bright was in getting three prescriptions filled yesterday. At least one could have waited (and that ended up being the most expensive), but at least it's done. I'm back on my daily meds, so that will be good. Now all I have to do is get back on a decent meal plan and start going to the gym on a regular basis.

4 comments:

Darryll said...

Dont be a slacker and get to that gym!
Yeah, I am one too talk. haha

Kyria said...

*sad* you stole my doctor. he is SO awesome, though... Or are you seeing someone new?

Ken said...

Manka - Um. Yeah. You are a fine one to talk.

Kyria - Nope. Still seeing Loring. He is awesome. For the record, you are the one who recommended him to me. So there was no stealing going on there. He is still a little script happy, but that works out most times.

Teri said...

I hate going to the dr. I have white coat syndrom, so good for you that you go :)