Saturday, January 07, 2006

More rants

Because I didn't gripe enough the last time, here are a few more:
  • I don't know why the news media keeps reporting the crazy talk that comes out of Pat Robertson. I think because it guarantees them at least three or four stories and he gets to enjoy a news cycle. The process is always the same. 1. He says something nutty 2. People express outrage 3. He re-states his statement with a little bit of an apology and 4. Things calm down a little and he goes back into obscurity
  • Marcus Vick is a dumba$$. Either that or extraordinarily bright. I'm not sure which. Knowing he was on probation from Virginia Tech, he went out and got himself cited for driving with a revoked license and took a cheap shot during the Gator Bowl. Got himself kicked out of school and is now contemplating going to the NFL. I know he's Michael Vick's little bro and all, but still. At any rate, he'll make more money than I do.
  • Amy's just awesome
  • I finally went and got my photos taken for the visa. I'll print out the application and FedEx it to corporate on Monday
  • Let's go Sabres!
  • I should take my Dad to a Wranglers game. I think he'd enjoy it.
  • Satellite Radio and DVR are just plain cool products. I bitched about both of them when they first came out, but now I can't imagine life without them.

OK. I think it's out of my system now. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Vick wont even get drafted if he doesn't go back for his senior year.

Teri loves her XM also.

Teri said...

Pat Robertson is just a moron.. why even give him the media attention they do? Who cares what this idiot has to say?

Glad to hear you are making progress for the passport.. it will be a weight off your shoulders.

I do love my xm radio.. so when are you gonna come over and help me install mine in the pontiac? I am just kidding...Like your plate isn't overflowing enough yet :) hahahah

New White Keds said...

No, she is not kidding... Teri wants it installed. I think we can find some time in the next few weeks -- when we are over at Eiderdown Place.

David Amulet said...

I think the attention to Pat Robertson derives from the fact that he still commands the attention of tens (perhaps, though I hope not, hundreds) of followers. As such, his idiocy should be highlighted!

(And it gives me low-hanging fruit for my posts. Priceless.)

-- david

Darryll said...

Pat Robertson and total ass should always be present in the same sentence. Enough said.